Get FREE Quotes!
International - Choose Your Country
Markets We Serve
We offer pet insurance plans all over the world from the United States to Australia. If you're looking for a plan for your pet simply choose your country from the list below to find the perfect plan.
Pet Insurance Around the World
The world is a big place. In fact, there are over 459 million dogs and cats in the markets we serve. Each country and region is unique but the one common denominator is that pet owners around the world love their dogs and cats and want the best for them. That's what pet insurance does.
Pet insurance pays for unexpected vet bills when your dog or cat gets sick or injured. In some countries you can also get coverage for rabbits, birds, horses and exotic animals.
Total Number of Dogs and Cats by Country
There are a lot of dogs and cats in the world and we reach nearly half a billion of them. Here is a breakdown of the numbers of dogs and cats in each of the countries we represent.
|Country||# Dogs & Cats||% Insured|
|New Zealand||1.9 million||n/a|
|United Kingdom||16.5 million||23.0%|
|United States||163.6 million||0.9%|
International Pet Insurance Facts
The history of pet insurance is very interesting (maybe it's just us). One interesting tidbit is that 92 years passed between the first pet insurance policy being written in Sweden and the first policy being issued in America.
- The first pet insurance policy was written by Claes Virgin in 1890 in Sweden
- In 1924 the first dog insurance policy was issued in Sweden
- The first pet insurance policy was issued in the U.K. in 1947
- Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI) sold the first pet insurance policy in the U.S. to TV dog Lassie in 1982
- Estimated that 1.4 million pets are insured in North America
- There are 179 million dogs and cats in North America
- North American market is $688.9 million (2015)
Sources of Data
2013-2014 APPA National Pet Owners Survey, IBIS 2014 Pet Insurance Report, NAPHIA, Stoneridge Advisors Pet Insurance Cost Analysis, Bayer HealthCare, AVMA US Pet Ownership Report, Paradigm2 Customers’ Attitudes, Behaviors, and Cognition Regarding Pet Health Insurance May 2013 Survey & Report
- Meet Our Team
- Why Use Our Website?
- Customer Testimonials
- Pet Owner Survey
- Press Center
- Contact Us
- Link to Us
- Insurance Licenses
- Plans in all 50 States
Pet Insurance Providers and Reviews
- John Lewis Pet Ins
- Best Pet Insurance For Dogs
- Pet Insurance Canada Reviews
- Pet Medical Insurance
- Vpi Pet Insurance Reviews
- Petplan Insurance
Find Pet Insurance Locally
- Pet Insurance San Diego
- Best Pet Insurance Canada
- Pet Insurance MA
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Pet Insurance
- Pet Insurance NYC
Breed Specific Medical Issues
- Mini Dachshund Lifespan
- Irish Wolfhound Health Issues
- Lifespan Of Rat Terrier
- Lifespan Of Pekingese
- Havanese Lifespan
- Lifespan Of A Miniature Schnauzer
- Liability Dog Insurance
Common Pet Health Problems
- Treating Dog Diarrhea
- Dog Acl Surgery
- Dog Tracheal Collapse
- Entropion Surgery Cost
- Signs Of Mastitis In Dogs
- Dog Hip Replacement Cost
- Folliculitis In Dogs
Get FREE Quotes!
We’ve generated over 1 million quotes and sold thousands of plans.
“We submitted over $4k in claims to Healthy Paws and in less than 2 weeks we were reimbursed. So amazing!!!” - Brandon
Pet Insurance Reviews
Why Use Us?
- Compare all 12 companies
- Save 25% by comparing rates
- Fast, free and 100% independent
Pet insurance pays up to 90% for veterinary treatment when your dog or cat gets sick or injured.