Compare Healthy Paws Pet Insurance vs Petplan Pet Insurance Plans
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance and Petplan Pet Insurance are two of the best pet insurance companies in America.
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$100 - $500||$250 - $1,000|
|Reimbursement:||70% - 90%||70% - 90%|
|Annual Limit:||Unlimited||$2,500 to Unlimited|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||15 days||5 days|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||15 days||15 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||15 days*||15 days**|
Note: No pet insurance company covers pre-existing conditions.
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
- 12 month waiting period for hip dysplasia*
- Must be enrolled before 6 for hip dysplasia coverage
- Minimum age: 8 weeks
- Maximum age: 14 years
- A pet less than 6 years old on the date of enrollment must have undergone a complete clinical examination and the exam must have taken place either in the 12 months prior to the pet policy effective date or within 15 days following the pet policy effective date
- A pet 6 years old or greater on the date of enrollment must have undergone a complete clinical examination within 30 days prior to the pet policy effective date or within 15 days following the pet policy effective date
Petplan Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
*Regardless of your pet’s age, if your pet has not been examined by a veterinarian within sixty (60) days prior to the effective date of the policy, you must arrange to have your pet examined within thirty (30) days of the effective date of the policy.
**Orthopedic Health Issues
- 6-month waiting period for cruciate ligaments and patellar luxation
- Standard 15 day Illness Waiting Period for other Orthopedic conditions
- Exclusionary period for knees can be waived with a healthy knee exam/check at the vet while the policy is in force
- 30-day waiver is available
- Cruciate injuries and illnesses are coverable, but there is a six month cruciate exclusionary period that can be waived by having the knees certified as healthy by the vet in the first 30 days
Healthy Paws has been the #1 customer rated pet insurance company in America for over three years. Petplan is also one of the highest rated pet insurers with a consistent top three ranking in customer service satisfaction. Both companies offer excellent accident and illness coverage for dogs and cats.
The only notable omission from Healthy Paws’ and Petplan’s coverage options is that neither company offers wellness / preventative care coverage. Other than that, if you’re looking for world-class coverage for unexpected accidents and illnesses you can’t go wrong with either option.
Compare Healthy Paws
- Healthy Paws vs. ASPCA
- Healthy Paws vs. Embrace
- Healthy Paws vs. FIGO
- Healthy Paws vs. Nationwide
- Healthy Paws vs. Pets Best
- Healthy Paws vs. Trupanion