Compare Petplan Pet Insurance vs PetPremium Pet Health Insurance Plans
Petplan Pet Insurance and PetPremium Pet Health Insurance are two of the best pet insurance companies in America.
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$250 - $1,000||$100 - $500|
|Reimbursement:||70% - 90%||70% - 90%|
|Annual Limit:||$2,500 to Unlimited||$5,000 - Unlimited|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||5 days||Non|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||15 days||14 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||6 months*||14 days|
Petplan Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
*Regardless of your pet’s age, if your pet has not been examined by a veterinarian within sixty (60) days prior to the effective date of the policy, you must arrange to have your pet examined within thirty (30) days of the effective date of the policy.
**Orthopedic Health Issues
- 6-month waiting period for cruciate ligaments and patellar luxation
- Standard 15 day Illness Waiting Period for other Orthopedic conditions
- Exclusionary period for knees can be waived with a healthy knee exam/check at the vet while the policy is in force
- 30-day waiver is available
- Cruciate injuries and illnesses are coverable, but there is a six month cruciate exclusionary period that can be waived by having the knees certified as healthy by the vet in the first 30 days
PetPremium Pet Health Insurance Enrollment Requirements
PetPremium Pet Insurance is administered by C&F Insurance Agency, Inc., which is based in Akron, Ohio. The agency was founded in 1997 making it the second oldest pet insurance provider in the United States. Products are underwritten by the United States Fire Insurance Company, which has an A.M. Best Insurance rating of A (Excellent).