Healthy Paws Pet Insurance
Healthy Paws is the highest rated pet insurance company in America. In fact, they have been ranked #1 in customer satisfaction five years in a row!
* No caps on annual or lifetime payouts
* 99% of claims processed in just 2 days
* Use any licensed vet, no restrictions
Healthy Paws has been rated the #1 pet insurance company in America five years in a row. The company offers one, simple accident and illness policy that is the best in the business. Healthy Paws Pet Insurance stays on top by providing clear, solid coverage and providing the best customer service in the industry.
One of the sources is our own site where we collect customer reviews and verify for authenticity. Here are the most recent Customer Reviews from real pet parents just like you!
Healthy Paws offers one, simple accident and illness policy that is the best in the business. Healthy Paws (aka ‘healthypaws’) stays on top by providing clear, solid coverage and providing the best customer service in the industry.
Healthy Paws offers one, simple pet insurance plan that covers up to 90% of vet bills when your dog or cat gets sick or injured.
- Unlimited Lifetime Benefits and no annual limits
- Full coverage for accidents & illnesses (including hereditary conditions)
- Paperless claims from any device
- Backed by AON
- Excludes exam fees and bilateral conditions
- Hip dysplasia is excluded for pet that enroll at 6 years old or greater
- Minimum age for enrollment is 8 weeks
- Maximum age for enrollment is 14 years (4 years in New York state)
- Healthy Paws does not cover exam fees
- No pet insurance company covers pre-existing conditions
Here is a quick overview of policy details to give you an idea of what to expect when building your custom Healthy Paws Pet Insurance quote.
*12 month waiting period for hip dysplasia
- 12 month waiting period for hip dysplasia*
- Must be enrolled before 6 for hip dysplasia coverage
- Minimum age: 8 weeks
- Maximum age: 14 years (4 years in New York state)
- A pet less than 6 years old on the date of enrollment must have undergone a complete clinical examination and the exam must have taken place either in the 12 months prior to the pet policy effective date or within 15 days following the pet policy effective date
- A pet 6 years old or greater on the date of enrollment must have undergone a complete clinical examination within 30 days prior to the pet policy effective date or within 15 days following the pet policy effective date
CostHealthy Paws is one of the most affordable pet insurance plan in America. In fact, give then level of coverage and cost Healthy Paws is arguably the best value in the market today. Average premium based on $250 deductible, 90% reimbursement, unlimited payouts for 2 year-old mixed breed dog and 3 year-old mixed breed cat, respectively.
Healthy Paws charges a one-time $25 enrollment fee.
About Healthy Paws Pet Insurance
Healthy Paws Insurance & Foundation started in 2009 by Rob Jackson and Steve Siadek. Rob and Steve met through a Seattle, Washington based no-kill animal shelter.
Steve left a corporate career to pursue his pet passion and become the shelter’s executive director. Rob, who was an insurance executive, adopted his dogs from the shelter and kept coming back to foster more.
Rob and Steve saw a need to help pet owners deal with the financial impact of giving their pet’s quality veterinary treatment.
In addition to providing quality pet insurance coverage, Rob and Steve also wanted to help animal rescue organizations care sick pet’s in their care. So from the beginning the company has made a donation to animal shelters each time a new dog or cat enrolls in their pet insurance program.
As you know by this point, Healthy Paws offers the best customer service in the biz. But the roots of this business can be traced back to 2009 when Steve Siadek and Rob Jackson, Healthy Paws’ co-founders, met through a local, no-kill animal shelter. Since being founded in 2009, Healthy Paws has helped thousands of dogs and cats in the great Seattle area find homes.
- Pre-Existing Conditions – Illness or the recurrence of any illness or condition which first occurred or displayed any signs and/or symptoms consistent with the stated illness or condition prior to the pet policy effective date; an injury or recurrence of an injury that occurred prior to the pet policy effective date; or any condition or complication resulting from an illness or injury that occurred prior to the pet policy effective date.
- Veterinary Examination Fees
- Preventative Care – Spaying and neutering, Preventive healthcare including vaccinations or titer test, flea control, heartworm medication, deworming, nail trim, and grooming, parasite control including but not limited to internal and external parasites for which readily available, prophylactic treatments are available, dental health care, however if injury to teeth is caused by an accident, we do cover the cost of extraction and/or reconstruction of damaged teeth, anal gland expression
- Bilateral Conditions – Pre-Existing cruciate ligament problems to one leg as respects the cost of future treatment for problems of the other leg
- Elective procedures – Cosmetic procedures, tail docking, ear cropping, de-clawing, micro-chipping, dew claw removal, ear cleaning
- For pets 6 years of age or greater on the date of enrollment, no coverage shall apply for illness related to hip dysplasia
- Conditions arising from a specific activity if the same or a similar activity occurred prior to the pet policy effective date and displayed the propensity for the activity to recur and cause injury or illness to your pet
- Claims in any way arising from the lack of use and/or implementation of preventive healthcare products and/or methods when such products and/or methods would be in accordance with generally accepted veterinary standards. Routine healthcare includes: vaccinations, flea control, heart worm medication, de-worming, dental care, ear plucking, grooming, and prudent regular care.
- Breeding or conditions relating to breeding, whelping, and queening
Compare Healthy Paws
Check out these handy, side-by-side comparison pages to see how Healthy Paws stacks up!