Did You Know?
Siamese cats originated in Thailand and the word Siamese means “moon diamond” in Thai.
Potential Health Problems for Siamese Cats
All cat breeds have the potential to develop genetic health problems, just as all people have the potential to inherit a particular disease. Here is a list of potential health issues to keep an eye on as the proud owner of a Siamese cat.
- Heart Disease – $5,000 to $20,000
- Hip Dysplasia – $4,000 to $6,000
- Bladder Stones – $800 to $1,000
- Abdominal Cancer – $700 to $900
- Cancer of the Mouth – $1,000 to $1,200
- Cancer of the Liver – $750 to $1,000
- Nasal Cancer – $800 to $1,000
- Cataracts – $2,000 to $3,000 per eye
- Cruciate Ligament Tear – $2,000 to $4,000
- Dental Issues – $250 to $1,500
- Malignant Skin Mass – $1,500 to $2,000
- Skin Abscess – $100 to $500
- Tooth Extraction – $800 to $1,000
Source: Cat Health Conditions
Top Pet Insurers for Siamese Cats
These are the most popular companies based on independent customer satisfaction ratings.
Full List: Best Pet Insurance Companies
What Coverage Should You Should Have?
These are the most important pet insurance coverage options you should have as the proud owner of a Siamese cat.
- Accident Coverage ✓
- Illness Coverage ✓
- Emergency Care ✓
- Hereditary Conditions ✓
- Cancer Coverage ✓
- Orthopedic Conditions ✓
- Prescription Meds ✓
- Wellness and Routine Care O
- Pre-Existing Conditions X
Learn More: Pet Health Insurance 101
Note: There are no pet insurance companies that cover pre-existing conditions.
How Much Does it Cost?
The short answer is that it depends. Here are some sample prices across the country to give you an idea of what a plan might cost you.
|New York, New York||$27/mo.|
Note: Full coverage for three year-old Siamese cat