Pet Insurance in New York
Pet Insurance NYC
We proudly offer pet insurance in every zip code from New York City to Ithaca.
Whether you have a big, active dog, or a small apartment cat, we offer plans and prices from all the leading pet insurance companies in New York!
Because we’re 100% independent you can rest assure that we’ll help you find the perfect plan for your pet and your budget.
Best Vet Clinics in New York State:
- Animal Medical Center – New York, NY (pictured)
- Juniper Valley Animal Hospital – New York
- Burnt Hills Veterinary Hospital – Burnt Hills
- Sand Creek Animal Hospital – Albany
- Bloomingrove Vet Hospital – Bloomingrove
Dog Insurance NY
New York is the 2nd most expensive state in America. And if you live in the city you can expect to pay some of the highest costs in the country for veterinary care when your pet gets sick or injured.
Here is a sample of common health conditions and the cost for treatment.
- Addison’s Disease – $2,400 per year
- Heart Disease – $15,000 to $20,000
- Liver Disease – $2,000 to $5,000
- Luxating Patella – $1,500 to $3,000
- Poisoning in Dogs – $250 to $5,000
Learn More: Dog Health Conditions
Cat Insurance NY
Pet insurance companies in NY also cover cats. If you want to learn more about cat insurance plans visit this page on our site: Cat Health Insurance
- New York is the #2 ranked state when it comes to pet insurance, second only to California
- In fact, the Empire State accounts for over 10% of all of the policies we sell each month
- Cornell University is the #2 ranked veterinary school in the U.S. (U.S. News & World Report)
- Pet Insurance NYC – The Big Apple is the most expensive city in the U.S. for pets
Pet Insurance Prices
The cost you will pay for animal medical insurance depends a lot on where you live, your pet’s breed, your pet’s age and the coverage you choose. Here are some average prices across New York to give you an idea of how much prices can vary city by city.
- U.S. Avg. – $43/mo.
- Albany – $44/mo.
- Ithaca – $46/mo.
- NYC – $90/mo.
- Syracuse – $35/mo.
Source: Pet Insurance Cost