Russian Blue Cats
Potential Health Issues for Russian Blue Cats
Russian Blue cats are a healthy breed but like every purebred cat is susceptible to health issues. As the proud parent of a Russian Blue you need to keep an eye on hereditary disorders, accidents and other illnesses. Here is a sample of conditions and the cost of treatment to be aware of.
- Heart Disease – $5,000 to $20,000
- Hip Dysplasia – $4,000 to $6,000
- Bladder Stones – $800 to $1,000
- Cancer – $5,000 to $20,000
- Cataracts – $2,000 to $3,000 per eye
- Ligament Tear – $2,000 to $4,000
- Dental Issues – $250 to $1,500
Source: Cat Health Conditions
What Coverage Should You Should Have?
These are the most important pet insurance coverage options you should have as the proud owner of a Russian Blue cat.
- Accident Coverage ✓
- Illness Coverage ✓
- Emergency Care ✓
- Hereditary Conditions ✓
- Cancer Coverage ✓
- Orthopedic Conditions ✓
- Prescription Meds ✓
- Wellness and Routine Care O
- Pre-Existing Conditions X
Learn More: Pet Health Insurance 101
Note: There are no pet insurance companies that cover pre-existing conditions.
How Much Does it Cost?
The short answer is that it depends. As the owner of a Russian Blue the good news is that rates are low because they are a relatively healthy breed. Here are some sample rates across the country to give you an idea of what a plan might cost you.
Note: Full coverage for a three year-old Russian Blue