Embrace Pet Insurance
Whether you have a dog or cat, Embrace Pet Insurance is an excellent choice. Embrace offers coverage for accidents and illnesses, and an optional wellness plan for routine care. Plus, plans can be personalized to fit your needs and your budget.
Read some of the most recent Customer Reviews from real pet parents just like you!
Embrace offers one simple yet comprehensive plan that is easy to understand and to use. Personalized policies allow pet parents to build a plan to fit any budget.
- Up to 90% back on vet bills using any vet
- Total protection with pet insurance and wellness
- Dependable claims payments
Accident and Illness Coverage
Embrace offers excellent accident and illness coverage for dogs and cats. One unique aspect of Embrace’s coverage is that you can fully customize a plan that meets your needs and budget. Here’s a quick overview of policy details to give you an idea of what to expect when building your custom Embrace policy.
With Embrace, you’ll enjoy coverage for:
- Exam fees
- Congenital conditions
- Chronic conditions
- Alternative therapies & rehabilitation
- Breed-specific & genetic conditions
- ER & specialist care
- Diagnostic testing
- Hospitalization & surgery
- Prosthetic limbs & devices including mobility aids
- Behavioral therapy
- Dental illness up to $1,000 per year (Available in most states.)
- Embrace is the only pet insurance company to offer a diminishing deductible called the Healthy Pet Deductible
- Pre-existing conditions are separated into temporary conditions and permanent conditions to reduce coverage exclusions.
- One annual deductible
- 24/7 Pet Help Line staffed with registered veterinary technicians
- One simple yet comprehensive policy
- Customers have 24/7 access to their online MyEmbrace account to submit claims, add pets, manage claims, and more
- No pet insurance company covers pre-existing conditions
- Embrace Pet Insurance Policy by State
Embrace is the only pet insurance company that offers a Wellness Rewards plan with no line-item limits. You are free to use your wellness allowance for any of the covered items including:
- Routine exams
- Flea, tick, and heartworm medications
- Preventative surgery (spay/neuter, gastropexy)
- Prescription diet food
Wellness Rewards is a non-insurance supplementary benefit offered by Embrace Pet Insurance. Pet parents are reimbursed 100% up to the selected annual allowance selected. There are three limits:
- $250 allowance per year
- $450 allowance per year
- $650 allowance per year
Visit Embrace’s website for a complete list.
Learn More: Compare Pet Wellness Plans
Here is a quick overview of policy details to give you an idea of what to expect when building your custom Embrace Pet Insurance quote.
- Maximum age for enrollment in full accident & illness coverage is 14 years
- Pets older than 15 are eligible for an accident-only policy
- Minimum age for enrollment is six weeks
- Pets must have been examined by a licensed veterinarian in the 12 months prior to the policy start date. If there is no noted exam prior to the policy start date, an exam is required within the first 14 days of the policy.
- Pet parents can cancel policies immediately over the phone with no penalty
- Claims must be submitted within the policy year plus 60 day
- There is a defined appeal process for claims
- Reimbursement method: Direct deposit or check
- Prescription medications: Included with all accident and illness policies
- There is a 14-day waiting period for illnesses
- * There is a 2-day waiting period for accidents in most states
- ** There is a 6-month waiting period for orthopedic conditions for dogs only. This can be reduced by following Embrace’s Orthopedic Exam and Waiver Process
CostEmbrace is very competitive with their coverage, and a high coverage plan is more expensive than a mid-range or low coverage plan. Policies are personalized so you can pick a plan that fits your budget. There is a 5% military discount and a 10% multi-pet discount (the multi-pet discount is 5% in some states).
Here is a sample of dog insurance costs for Embrace's accident and illness policy.
About Embrace Pet Insurance
Embrace Pet Insurance is a top-rated pet health insurance provider for dogs and cats in the United States. Embrace offers one simple yet comprehensive accident and illness insurance plan that is underwritten by American Modern Insurance Group, Inc. In addition to insurance, Embrace offers Wellness Rewards, an optional preventative care product that is unique to the industry. Wellness Rewards reimburses for routine veterinary visits, grooming, vaccinations, training, and much more with no itemized limitations. Embrace is a proud member of the North American Pet Health Insurance Association (NAPHIA) and continues to innovate and improve the pet insurance experience for pet parents across the country.
In 2003, a concept for a pet insurance company won the 2003 Wharton Business Plan Competition. That concept later blossomed into Embrace Pet Insurance and the company has only grown since then.
Embrace strives to offer their customers the best coverage to help them get the best care for their best friends when unexpected accidents and illnesses happen without breaking the bank. Policies are fully customizable to fit any budget, and coverage is comprehensive so there are no gaps. They’re the only company to offer a diminishing deductible feature, the Healthy Pet Deductible, to give back to those who go years without filing claims.
Giving back is an important part of Embrace’s culture, it’s even one of the company’s core values. For every policy sold, Embrace donates $2 to a pet-related charity. They also match employee donations 100% regardless of them being to a pet-related charity or not.
Embrace has won the NorthCoast 99 Award 8 years in a row, being recognized as one of Northeast Ohio’s best places to work for top talent. They have also been named one of Northeast Ohio’s Top Workplaces by The Plain Dealer four times.
Fun fact: Embrace has a pet-friendly office and regularly post pictures on their Instagram account (@EmbracePetIns).
- Pre-existing conditions. This includes anything that was symptomatic or diagnosed prior to the end of the waiting periods
- More than one removal of an ingested foreign body in one period of insurance
- Costs for any treatment for:
- Genetic/chromosome testing
- Procedures to determine the suitability or categorization for your pet for breeding or genealogical purposes, including PennHIP and OFA evaluations
- Breeding, pregnancy, whelping, or queening
- Avian, swine, or any mutant variation of influenza
- Epidemics or pandemics as declared by the US Department of Agriculture
- Preventative care under the accident and illness insurance