FIGO Pet Insurance
Founded in 2013, FIGO PET INSURANCE, LLC* (FIGO) is the newest addition to America’s pet insurance market. FIGO offers one of the best accident & illness plans in the U.S. with three levels of coverage including a 100% reimbursement option for eligible pets (based on age and zip code).
In addition to excellent, straightforward health insurance coverage, the FIGO PetCloud® gives pet owners easy access to vets and medical records. Policyholders can use an app to submit claims and track expenses.
FIGO offers three different accident & illness plans with varying levels of coverage.
FIGO offers three different plans with varying levels of coverage:
- Essential: $10,000 annual claims limit for accidents and illnesses ($250 annual cap applies to behavioral conditions)
- Preferred: $14,000 annual claims limit for accidents and illnesses plus emergency boarding fees, lost pet advertising and reward and lost pet reimbursement due to theft or straying ($500 annual cap applies to behavioral conditions)
- Ultimate: No annual claims limit plus emergency boarding fees, lost pet advertising and reward, lost reimbursement pet due to theft or straying, emergency vacation cancellation and unexpected death of pet reimbursement ($1,000 annual cap applies to behavioral conditions)
- Coverage for accidents & illnesses (including hereditary conditions)
- Veterinary exam (optional coverage except WA)
- Paperless claims from any device
- Up to 100% reimbursement
- Option for unlimited coverage
- No pet insurance plans cover pre-existing conditions
- FIGO Sample Policies (Updated November 2016)
- FIGO does not offer wellness or routine care coverage
- Six month waiting period for knee related issues but waiver is offered if your pet’s knees get a clean bill of health from an exam complete within 30 days of your policy period, no additional waiting period for hip dysplasia.
- Enrollment Conditions – You or your vet must be able to provide proof that your pet has been examined by a Veterinarian in the twelve (12) months prior to enrollment, otherwise the first exam after enrollment will determine if there are any pre-existing conditions.
Six months for knee issues *
CostFIGO is very competitive with regard to pricing but they do charge a one-time $9 enrollment fee. Here is a sample of dog insurance costs.
Costs vary by age, breed and zip code. Estimates based on $250 deductible and $10,000 annual limit.
About FIGO Pet Insurance
FIGO was founded in Chicago’s technology incubator.
Founded in 2013, FIGO PET INSURANCE, LLC* (FIGO) FIGO offers one of the best accident & illness plans in the U.S. with three levels of coverage including a 100% reimbursement option for eligible pets (based on age and zip code).
- Cosmetic Surgery – Your pet is beautiful just as they are. No need to try and improve!
- Experimental Procedures – Taking risks on your pet’s health is not something that we recommend. Our policy does not cover the risk of experimental procedures.
- Obedience or Training Classes and Devices – If your pet can sit, shake and roll over, congratulations, that is quite a feat! It’s really something to be proud of; something that you and your pet accomplished together.
- Unfortunately, obedience or training classes and devices are not something that this accident and illness policy covers.
- Grooming – The up-keep of your pet’s exterior is important to their quality of life and their self-confidence – keep them selfie-ready!
- Chemical, Biological or Nuclear…bad events – Let’s hope that none of these this happens… but if they really were to occur, we have bigger problems. It is standard insurance practice not to cover these events.
- War, Invasion, Revolt or Quarantine – Let’s hope that none of these this happens… but if they really were to occur, we have bigger problems. It is standard insurance practice not to cover these events.
- Racing, Coursing or Organized Fighting – It would be great if racing, coursing or organized fighting never happen – those poor pets! However it does, and it is something that is strictly excluded from our policies. If you are using your pet for these activities, we are not the provider for you.
- Failure to Adhere to Veterinarian’s Preventative & Treatment Advice – It’s important to listen to the experts- especially in the care and keeping of your pet.
- Cloned Pets or Cloning Procedures – Sorry, we don’t cover your quest to duplicate your beloved pet. Create your pet’s “mini-me” at your own risk. Just remember that each pet has a unique soul, so duplicating the exterior does not duplicate what makes your pet so wonderfully unique on the inside.
- Anything not administered by a Veterinarian – You wouldn’t want someone other than a licensed professional to take care of you – same goes for your pet!
- Breeding, Pregnancy, or Giving Birth – Our policy does not provide coverage for maternity, breeding, pregnancy, whelping or nursing; however, we may provide coverage due to complications that arise after the waiting period.
- Eating Poop or Other Eating Disorders – These pets will eat it all; however, the ingestion of poop is not something that is covered on our policy. And it is certainly not recommended. Other than being gross, it can cause severe health problems for your pet.
- Pets less than 6 weeks old – They are oh so cute, but not yet mature enough for our policy.
- Inhumane Treatments – We know you would never do this, so it isn’t even worth discussing.
- Neglect or Abuse – We know you would never do this, so it isn’t even worth discussing.
- Spaying or Neutering – Sorry, we do not cover this procedure but unless you have plans for your pet to breed, we highly recommend getting it done to avoid future health problems (many of which we exclude from our policy if you fail to spay or neuter).
- Routine or Preventative Care – While routine or preventative care is critical to your pet’s future health and happiness, it is not something covered on our policy.
- Elective Surgeries – We provide coverage for the surgeries that your veterinarian recommends for treatment of accidents and injuries. Elective surgeries are not covered.
- Pre-existing Conditions – Any condition that shows clinical signs prior to the start of your policy period (and relevant waiting periods), will not be covered.
Notes & Disclaimers
d/b/a FIGO PET INSURANCE AGENCY, LLC in California. Availability of this program is subject to each state’s approval. Terms and conditions of coverage may vary by state.
FIGO Pet Insurance® and the FIGO PetCloud® are registered trademarks of FIGO Pet Insurance, LLC and in California FIGO Pet Insurance Agency LLC.
We are not an appointed producer and cannot sell, solicit or negotiate this product.
- FIGO vs. ASPCA
- FIGO vs. Embrace
- FIGO vs. Healthy Paws
- FIGO vs. Nationwide
- FIGO vs. Petplan
- FIGO vs. Bets Best
- FIGO vs. Trupanion
The information contained in this website is for illustrative purposes only and coverage under any pet insurance policy is expressly subject to the conditions, restrictions, limitations, exclusions and terms of the policy documentation issued by the insurer. Availability of this program is subject to each state’s approval and coverage may vary by state. Pet insurance policies are underwritten by Markel American Insurance Company and administered by Figo Pet Insurance , LLC. Markel American Insurance Company is rated A (Excellent) A.M. Best (2015).”