Get FREE Quotes!
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance
|Major Medical Coverage||Yes|
|Avg. Price Range||$16-38/mo.|
|Visit Healthy Paws Website||Get a Quote|
Healthy Paws is the highest rated pet insurance company in America. They have been ranked #1 in customer satisfaction the past four years in a row.
Healthy Paws has been rated the #1 pet insurance company in America four years in a row. The company offers one, simple accident and illness policy that is the best in the business. Healthy Paws (aka 'healthypaws') stays on top by providing clear, solid coverage and providing the best customer service in the industry.
Source: Best Pet Insurance
If you're looking for excellent major medical coverage all in one, simple comprehensive plan, then Healthy Paws Pet Insurance is the best choice.
Dig Deeper: PennVet Emergency Services
Healthy Paws Coverage Notes
- No pet insurance company covers pre-existing conditions
- Hip dysplasia is excluded for pet that enroll after 6 years-old
- Policy does not cover exam fees
- Healthy Paws Sample Policy (Updated November 2016)
Looking for Wellness Coverage?
Healthy Paws Coverage Highlights
- Unlimited Lifetime Benefits and no annual limits
- Full coverage for accidents & illnesses (including hereditary conditions)
- Paperless claims from any device
- Backed by AON
Here is a quick overview of policy details to give you an idea of what to expect when building your custom Healthy Paws insurance quote.
|Deductible Options||$100 - $500
|Reimbursement Options||90% - 70%
|Minimum Age for Enrollment
|Maximum Age for Enrollment
|Waiting Period Injuries||15 days|
|Waiting Period Illnesses||15 days|
|Hip Dysplasia Waiting Period (for pets 6 years old or younger)
|Policy Exclusions||Listed Below
Healthy Paws uses your pet's medical records to process claims. This exam date tells us that your pet has been examined by a veterinarian within the timeframe required. Pets younger than 6 years old require a veterinary exam in the 12 months prior to enrollment. Pets 6 years or older require a veterinary exam within the past 30 days.
Healthy Paws is very competitive but slightly more expensive than other companies in the market.
Note: Healthy Paws charges a one-time $25 enrollment fee.
Major Medical Costs
Here is a sample of dog insurance costs for Healthy Paws dog insurance plans.
|Top 10 Dog Breeds||Cost *|
|Mixed Breed Dog||$32/mo.|
|Average for All Dogs||$42/mo.|
* Major medical coverage for mixed breed dog
And if you're more of a cat person here is a sample of cat insurance costs for the top 10 most popular cat breeds in America.
|Top 10 Cat Breeds||Cost *|
|Mixed Breed Cat||$25/mo.|
|Average for All Cats||$30/mo.|
* Major medical coverage for mixed breed cat
Customer Satisfaction: 98%
Total Reviews: 5,364
Healthy Paws insurance coverage has the highest customer satisfaction rating of any pet insurance company in America. The company's culture is based on doing the right thing for its customers and pets. We collected 5,364 reviews from other websites including Facebook and Google to determine an overall customer rating. Here is a summary of Healthy Paws' customer satisfaction ratings.
|Ease of Enrollment||★★★★★|
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance Reviews
“The total cost of treatment was $10,878. Because Buster had torn 2 ligaments they needed to use a cadaver and anchor it to the joints. In other words, it was complex and very expensive!"
- Anna & Buster
Pictured: Anna & Buster, Insured by Healthy Paws
Healthy Paws Insurance & Foundation started in 2009 by Rob Jackson and Steve Siadek. Rob and Steve met through a Seattle, Washington based no-kill animal shelter. Steve left a corporate career to pursue his pet passion and become the shelter's executive director. Rob, who was an insurance executive, adopted his dogs from the shelter and kept coming back to foster more. Rob and Steve saw a need to help pet owners deal with the financial impact of giving their pet's quality veterinary treatment.
In addition to providing quality pet insurance coverage, Rob and Steve also wanted to help animal rescue organizations care sick pet's in their care. So from the beginning the company has made a donation to animal shelters each time a new dog or cat enrolls in their pet insurance program.
As you know by this point, Healthy Paws offers the best customer service in the biz. But the roots of this business can be traced back to 2009 when Steve Siadek and Rob Jackson, Healthy Paws' co-founders, met through a local, no-kill animal shelter. Since being founded in 2009, Healthy Paws has helped thousands of dogs and cats in the great Seattle area find homes.
Get Involved: Support Seattle's Animal Shelter
|Underwriter||Chubb Group (A++)|
|Leadership||Rob Jackson, Steve Siadek|
|Claims Reimbursement||10 day average
|Vet Policy||Any licensed U.S. veterinarian|
|Service Hours||Mon - Fri: 6:00am - 6:00pm EST
|Trial Offer||30 days|
- Pre-Existing Conditions - Illness or the recurrence of any illness or condition which first occurred or displayed any signs and/or symptoms consistent with the stated illness or condition prior to the pet policy effective date; an injury or recurrence of an injury that occurred prior to the pet policy effective date; or any condition or complication resulting from an illness or injury that occurred prior to the pet policy effective date.
- Veterinary Examination Fees
- Preventative Care - Spaying and neutering, Preventive healthcare including vaccinations or titer test, flea control, heartworm medication, deworming, nail trim, and grooming, parasite control including but not limited to internal and external parasites for which readily available, prophylactic treatments are available, dental health care, however if injury to teeth is caused by an accident, we do cover the cost of extraction and/or reconstruction of damaged teeth, anal gland expression
- Bilateral Conditions - Pre-Existing cruciate ligament problems to one leg as respects the cost of future treatment for problems of the other leg
- Elective procedures - Cosmetic procedures, tail docking, ear cropping, de-clawing, micro-chipping, dew claw removal, ear cleaning
- For pets 6 years of age or greater on the date of enrollment, no coverage shall apply for illness related to hip dysplasia
- Conditions arising from a specific activity if the same or a similar activity occurred prior to the pet policy effective date and displayed the propensity for the activity to recur and cause injury or illness to your pet
- Claims in any way arising from the lack of use and/or implementation of preventive healthcare products and/or methods when such products and/or methods would be in accordance with generally accepted veterinary standards. Routine healthcare includes: vaccinations, flea control, heartworm medication, de-worming, dental care, ear plucking, grooming, and prudent regular care.
- Breeding or conditions relating to breeding, whelping, and queening
- Healthy Paws vs. ASPCA
- Healthy Paws vs. Embrace
- Healthy Paws vs. Figo
- Healthy Paws vs. Nationwide
- Healthy Paws vs. Petplan
- Healthy Paws vs. Trupanion
- Pets Best vs. Healthy Paws
Pet Insurance Providers and Reviews
Find Pet Insurance Locally
Breed Specific Medical Issues
Common Pet Health Problems
- Dogs With Eye Problems
- Wobbler Syndrome
- Cherry Eye Surgery Cost
- What Is Anemia In Dogs
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Dogs
Get FREE Quotes!
We’ve generated over 1 million quotes and sold thousands of plans.
“We submitted over $4k in claims to Healthy Paws and in less than 2 weeks we were reimbursed. So amazing!!!” - Brandon
Pet Insurance Reviews
Why Use Us?
- Compare all 12 companies
- Save 25% by comparing rates
- Fast, free and 100% independent
Pet insurance pays up to 90% for veterinary treatment when your dog or cat gets sick or injured.