Pets Best Insurance vs. Healthy Paws
Pets Best and Healthy Paws are two of the most respected pet insurance providers in the U.S. Pets Best offers an immense amount of coverage options from accident-only to comprehensive coverage that includes preventative care. Healthy Paws, on the other hand, offers one, simple accident and illness policy that covers any unexpected health issue your pet may suffer from.
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$50 - $1,000||$100, $250 or $500|
|Reimbursement:||70% - 90%||70%, 80% or 90%|
|Annual Limit:||$5,000 - Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||see details/quote||15 days|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||14 days||15 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||14 days*||15 days*|
Pets Best vs. Healthy Paws
Pets Best and Healthy Paws take different approaches to insuring pets. With Pets Best, you can choose from several policies that cover everything from accidents to wellness checks. Healthy Paws, however, has one policy that helps pay for accidents and unexpected health problems.
Pets Best Details
- Deductible: Most policies from Pets Best have deductibles from $100 to $1,000.
- Reimbursement: The amount you get reimbursed depends on the plan you choose. Most people get paid within two days when they select the direct deposit option.
- Emergency Care: Choose an Accident and Illness Plan from Pets Best for emergency care coverage.
- Waiting Period for Accidents and Illnesses: You must have a Pets Best plan for three days before it will help pay for accidents. The company has a 14-day waiting period for unexpected illnesses.
Healthy Paws Details
- Deductible: Healthy Paws has deductibles from $100 to $500.
- Reimbursement: Healthy Paws will reimburse you for 70% to 90%.
- Emergency Care: Healthy Paws plans cover emergency care.
- Waiting Period for Accidents and Illnesses: Healthy Paws has a 15-day waiting period for accidents and illnesses.
Comparing Coverage From Pets Best and Healthy Paws
If you want a lot of flexibility from your pet insurance, then you should explore options for Pets Best. If you want a simpler way to save money, though, the Healthy Paws plan will probably match your needs.
Keep in mind that you can get wellness coverage from Pets Best. Healthy Paws does not offer wellness coverage.
Pets Best and Healthy Paws Prices
Prices from Pets Best and Healthy Paws depend on factors like your pet’s age, the deductible you choose, and how much coverage you want.
Should You Choose Pets Best or Healthy Paws?
Get a price quote for Pets Best and Healthy Paws plans so you can decide which option fits your family’s needs and budget best!
Compare Pets Best
- Pets Best vs. ASPCA
- Pets Best vs. Embrace
- Pets Best vs. FIGO
- Pets Best vs. Nationwide
- Pets Best vs. Petco
- Pets Best vs. Fetch
- Pets Best vs. Trupanion
Compare Healthy Paws
Pets Best Insurance Enrollment Requirements
* 6 month waiting period for cruciate ligaments for all states other than ME where it’s 30 days
Additional Note: Pets must be at least 7 weeks old at the time of enrollment, there is no upper age limit for enrollment
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
- 12 month waiting period for hip dysplasia*
- Must be enrolled before 6 for hip dysplasia coverage
- Minimum age: 8 weeks
- Maximum age: 14 years (4 years in New York state)
- A pet less than 6 years old on the date of enrollment must have undergone a complete clinical examination and the exam must have taken place either in the 12 months prior to the pet policy effective date or within 15 days following the pet policy effective date
- A pet 6 years old or greater on the date of enrollment must have undergone a complete clinical examination within 30 days prior to the pet policy effective date or within 15 days following the pet policy effective date