Petco Pet Insurance vs. Embrace
One of the biggest differences between Petco and Embrace is that Petco offers accident and illness coverage without the option of wellness coverage while Embrace does offer a wellness option. Both companies have excellent customer service ratings and depending on the type of coverage you’re looking for they are both great options for any pet!
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$100 - $500||$200 - $1,000|
|Reimbursement:||70% - 90%||70 - 90%|
|Annual Limit:||$5,000 - Unlimited||$5,000 - $30,000|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||14 days||2 days*|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||14 days||14 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||14 days||6 months**|
Petco vs Embrace Pet Insurance
Petco is a nationally recognized pet brands with over 1,500 stores across the United States and Mexico. Embrace, on the other hand, is a less well known business but has been in the pet insurance game since 2003. Both companies offer excellent accident and illness coverage, but Embrace also offers optional wellness and routine care coverage.
Compare More Companies
Check out these other side-by-side comparisons of Petco and Embrace vs other competitors.
Petco Insurance Enrollment Requirements
There are no enrollment requirements. However, when you submit a claim, you authorize us and our administrator to access all medical information that we need to assess your pet’s health. For example, we may ask you for the name and contact information of any veterinarian that has ever seen or treated your pet. You must also provide proof of identity for your pet when we request.
Embrace Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
- Maximum age for enrollment in full accident & illness coverage is 14 years
- Pets older than 15 are eligible for an accident-only policy
- Minimum age for enrollment is six weeks
- Pets must have been examined by a licensed veterinarian in the 12 months prior to the policy start date. If there is no noted exam prior to the policy start date, an exam is required within the first 14 days of the policy.
- Pet parents can cancel policies immediately over the phone with no penalty
- Claims must be submitted within the policy year plus 60 day
- There is a defined appeal process for claims
- Reimbursement method: Direct deposit or check
- Prescription medications: Included with all accident and illness policies
- There is a 14-day waiting period for illnesses
- * There is a 2-day waiting period for accidents in most states
- ** There is a 6-month waiting period for orthopedic conditions for dogs only. This can be reduced by following Embrace’s Orthopedic Exam and Waiver Process