Compare Nationwide Pet Insurance vs Embrace Pet Insurance Plans
Nationwide Pet Insurance and Embrace Pet Insurance are two of the best pet insurance companies in America.
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$100 - $250||$200 - $1,000|
|Reimbursement:||90%||70 - 90%|
|Annual Limit:||$10,000 - Unlimited||$5,000 - $30,000|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||14 Days||2 days*|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||14 Days||14 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||14 Days*||6 months**|
Note: No pet insurance company covers pre-existing conditions.
Nationwide Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
*Diagnosis or treatment of cruciate ligament or meniscus damage or rupture that occurs during the first 12 (twelve) calendar months that your pet is insured by us. You must maintain continuous coverage on your pet with us in order to avoid another twelve (12) month waiting period.
Six weeks minimum age and 10 years maximum for enrollment (includes lifetime coverage). Physical exam must have been completed within 12 months prior to enrollment.
Embrace Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
- Maximum age for enrollment in full accident & illness coverage is 14 years
- Pets older than 15 are eligible for an accident-only policy
- Minimum age for enrollment is six weeks
- Pets must have been examined by a licensed veterinarian in the 12 months prior to the policy start date. If there is no noted exam prior to the policy start date, an exam is required within the first 14 days of the policy.
- Pet parents can cancel policies immediately over the phone with no penalty
- Claims must be submitted within the policy year plus 60 day
- There is a defined appeal process for claims
- Reimbursement method: Direct deposit or check
- Prescription medications: Included with all accident and illness policies
- There is a 14-day waiting period for illnesses
- * There is a 2-day waiting period for accidents in most states
- ** There is a 6-month waiting period for orthopedic conditions for dogs only. This can be reduced by following Embrace’s Orthopedic Exam and Waiver Process
Nationwide Pet Insurance has been around since the early 1980’s when it issued its first policy to Lassie, the famous TV dog. In fact, that policy issued for Lassie was the first-ever pet insurance plan sold in the United States. Embrace hasn’t been in the market quite as long as Nationwide, but they’ve been at the forefront of innovation and customer service since day one.
Nationwide offers packaged pet insurance plans that have a predefined deductibles, reimbursement rates and payout limits. Embrace on the other hand offers 100% customization of coverage. So if you’re looking for a classic, stalwart company with simple plan design Nationwide may be your best choice. And if you’re looking for modern, truly customized coverage then Embrace might be a better fit for you.
- Nationwide vs. ASPCA
- Nationwide vs. FIGO
- Nationwide vs. Healthy Paws
- Nationwide vs. Petplan
- Nationwide vs. Pets Best
- Nationwide vs. Trupanion
- Embrace vs. ASPCA
- Embrace vs. Figo
- Embrace vs. Healthy Paws
- Embrace vs. Petplan
- Embrace vs. Pets Best
- Embrace vs. Trupanion