Figo Pet Insurance vs. Embrace
FIGO and Embrace are two top-rated pet insurance companies that have been making some waves in the industry. FIGO’s strong suit is its ultimate plan which offers no annual claim limit while Embrace’s highlight is its Wellness Rewards Plan without line-item limits. Want to know which of the two offers a plan that is more suited for your beloved pet? Here’s a comparative look to help you decide.
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$50 - $500||$200 - $1,000|
|Reimbursement:||70% - 100%||70 - 90%|
|Annual Limit:||$10,000 - Unlimited||$5,000 - $30,000|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||5 days||2 days*|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||14 days||14 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||6 months *||6 months**|
FIGO and Embrace are two of the most admired brands in the American pet insurance market. FIGO was born out of a Google incubator in Chicago as a technology-focused pet insurance provider. Embrace was born just down the street from Progressive Insurance in Cleveland with a focus on providing a better pet insurance experience for pet parents.
While both providers are a great option, respectively, the most notable difference between the two is that FIGO only offers an accident & illnesses care plan and Embrace offers both an accident & illness plan plus optional wellness coverage.
Even though it is relatively new in the game, FIGO receives a respectable ratings from its customers. This insurer has one of the lowest deductibles at $50-$500 and boasts of reimbursement of 70%-100%.
All three of FIGO’s pet insurance plans include emergency care. Your beloved pet will just have to go through the 5-day waiting period for accidents and a 14-day waiting period for illnesses coverage.
Receiving a high overall rating from pet parents, Embrace is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to pet health insurance. You’ll pay a deductible of $200-$1,000 with this insurer and reimbursement is at 70% – 90% of the vet bill.
Embrace’s comprehensive plan includes emergency care. Waiting period for accidents is just at 2 days while a 14-day waiting period is required before coverage for illnesses is in force.
FIGO offers three insurance plans with varying levels of coverage and annual limits while Embrace has one plan that you can easily customize to suit your pet’s specific needs and your budget. So if you want to go for a done-for-you plan, FIGO may be a good option. But if you want a more hands-on approach to creating an insurance plan tailored for your fur baby, Embrace is a good bet.
FIGO generally has a very competitive price but they do charge a one-time enrollment fee of $9. On the other hand, since you can personalize Embrace’s plan, you can have one that’s well within your budget. And they even offer a 5%-10% multi-pet discount and 5% military discount.
Before you commit to anything, getting quotes from these two companies is the best way to go. This way, you know which insurer is giving you a better deal for the exact same coverage.
Other Side-by-Side Comparisons
- FIGO vs. ASPCA
- FIGO vs. Healthy Paws
- FIGO vs. Nationwide
- FIGO vs. Petplan
- FIGO vs. Bets Best
- FIGO vs. Trupanion
FIGO Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
Six months for knee issues *
Embrace Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
- Maximum age for enrollment in full accident & illness coverage is 14 years
- Pets older than 15 are eligible for an accident-only policy
- Minimum age for enrollment is six weeks
- Pets must have been examined by a licensed veterinarian in the 12 months prior to the policy start date. If there is no noted exam prior to the policy start date, an exam is required within the first 14 days of the policy.
- Pet parents can cancel policies immediately over the phone with no penalty
- Claims must be submitted within the policy year plus 60 day
- There is a defined appeal process for claims
- Reimbursement method: Direct deposit or check
- Prescription medications: Included with all accident and illness policies
- There is a 14-day waiting period for illnesses
- * There is a 2-day waiting period for accidents in most states
- ** There is a 6-month waiting period for orthopedic conditions for dogs only. This can be reduced by following Embrace’s Orthopedic Exam and Waiver Process