Pets Best Insurance vs. Embrace Pet Insurance
Pets Best and Embrace are two of the leading pet insurance companies today. But as a pet parent, you only want the best protection for your fur baby and more bang for your buck. So how do Pets Best and Embrace measure up? Here’s a look:
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$50 - $1,000||$200 - $1,000|
|Reimbursement:||70% - 90%||70 - 90%|
|Annual Limit:||$5,000 - Unlimited||$5,000 - $30,000|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||3 days||2 days*|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||14 days||14 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||14 days*||6 months**|
Very Similar Options
Pets Best and Embrace Pet Insurance are both excellent options when considering coverage for your dog or cat. Each business is unique, however, they are just about as similar two companies you will find in the market. From a coverage perspective, both companies offer 100% customizable plans and both companies offer optional wellness and preventative care coverage.
Pets Best Review
Pets Best is one of the leading pet insurance providers in the country, founded by no less than the “Father of Pet Insurance” himself, Dr. Jack Stephens, DVM. This company offers $50 – $1,000 deductible, reimbursement of 70%-90% and emergency care. Your furry pal will just have to go through a 3-day waiting period for accidents and a 14-day waiting period for illnesses.
Embrace Pet Insurance has an excellent track record and enjoys a high overall rating from its customers. It’s the only company to offer a diminishing deductible, which ranges from $200 to $1,000.
Like most pet insurance companies, Embrace provides reimbursement options of 70% – 90%. Emergency care is typically included in their customizable plan, with a 2-day waiting period on accidents and a 14-day waiting period on illnesses.
Pets Best and Embrace cover common health issues, which range from cancer, genetic conditions, orthopedic problems, and chronic conditions. Both also provide reimbursement for prescription medications and offer preventative care plans.
Pets Best highlight is its three levels of coverage plans, with the Accident Only Plan being the most basic and their Elite Plan is the most comprehensive. Embrace, on the other hand, offers only one simple, yet fully customizable plan to their customers.
Pets Best is known to have one of the most competitive prices in the market and its customers enjoy lower premiums compared to other pet insurance plans with the same coverage. Embrace’s edge is their personalized plan so customers can pick an option that’s well within their budget. Also, if you’re in the military or you wish to enroll multiple pets, Embrace’s 5% and 10% discount, respectively, can be such a deal.
Pets Best and Embrace coverage plans may have seemingly similar line items, which make it even harder to choose between the two providers. To make a wise decision, it’s best to get free quotes from both companies and keep your eye on their different highlights so you choose a plan that’s tailored to your pet’s needs and your budget.
Compare Pets Best
Pets Best Insurance Enrollment Requirements
*6 month waiting period for cruciate ligaments
Additional Note: Pets must be at least 7 weeks old at the time of enrollment, there is no upper age limit for enrollment
Embrace Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
- Maximum age for enrollment in full accident & illness coverage is 14 years
- Pets older than 15 are eligible for an accident-only policy
- Minimum age for enrollment is six weeks
- Pets must have been examined by a licensed veterinarian in the 12 months prior to the policy start date. If there is no noted exam prior to the policy start date, an exam is required within the first 14 days of the policy.
- Pet parents can cancel policies immediately over the phone with no penalty
- Claims must be submitted within the policy year plus 60 day
- There is a defined appeal process for claims
- Reimbursement method: Direct deposit or check
- Prescription medications: Included with all accident and illness policies
- There is a 14-day waiting period for illnesses
- * There is a 2-day waiting period for accidents in most states
- ** There is a 6-month waiting period for orthopedic conditions for dogs only. This can be reduced by following Embrace’s Orthopedic Exam and Waiver Process