Compare Embrace vs ASPCA Plans
Embrace and ASPCA are two of the best pet insurance companies in America.
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$100 - $1,000||$100 - $500|
|Reimbursement:||65 - 90%||70% - 90%|
|Annual Limit:||$5,000 - $15,000||$5,000 - Unlimited|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||2 days*||14 days|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||14 days||14 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||6 months**||14 days|
Embrace Enrollment Requirements
Your Pet must have been examined by a Veterinarian in the twelve (12) months prior to the Original Start Date for your Pet(s) as shown on the Schedule Page(s) or within fourteen (14) days after the Original Start Date. The examining Veterinarian cannot be you or be related to you.
Behavioral Conditions – Embrace does cover the medical treatment of behavioral issues as long as your dog or cat didn’t show clinical signs of the condition before the end of the waiting period. However preventative care is included in their wellness rewards program.
Pre-Certification – To avoid Coverage surprises you can complete a pre-certification form and submit to Embrace before your veterinary provider orders or performs any of the following procedures.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan
- Computer-aided tomography (CT) scan
- Partial or complete hip replacement
- Cruciate ligament repair
- Surgery for dental Injury
- Home visits because your Pet is unable to travel to the usual location of the Veterinarian
- Any other Treatment(s) in which the anticipated costs are expected to exceed $1,000
- Pet parents can cancel policies immediately over the phone with no penalty
- Claims must be submitted within the policy year plus 60 days
- They have a defined appeal process for claims
- Reimbursement Method – Deductible then copay
- Prescription Medications – Can be added for additional cost
- Must be enrolled prior to 14 to be eligible for major medical coverage, pets enrolled after 14th birthday are eligible for accident-only coverage
- * Most states have 2-day waiting period, some are 14 days
- ** Canine Orthopedic Examination Report Card can reduce Orthopedic Waiting Period to 14 days
ASPCA Enrollment Requirements
There are no enrollment requirements. However, when you submit a claim, you authorize us and our administrator to access all medical information that we need to assess your pet’s health. For example, we may ask you for the name and contact information of any veterinarian that has ever seen or treated your pet. You must also provide proof of identity for your pet when we request.