Compare Embrace Pet Insurance vs ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Plans
Embrace Pet Insurance and ASPCA Pet Health Insurance are two of the best pet insurance companies in America.
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$200 - $1,000||$100 - $500|
|Reimbursement:||70 - 90%||70% - 90%|
|Annual Limit:||$5,000 - $30,000||$5,000 - Unlimited|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||2 days*||1 day|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||14 days||15 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||6 months**||15 days|
Note: No pet insurance company covers pre-existing conditions.
Embrace Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
- Maximum age for enrollment in full accident & illness coverage is 14 years
- Pets older than 15 are eligible for an accident-only policy
- Minimum age for enrollment is six weeks
- Pets must have been examined by a licensed veterinarian in the 12 months prior to the policy start date. If there is no noted exam prior to the policy start date, an exam is required within the first 14 days of the policy.
- Pet parents can cancel policies immediately over the phone with no penalty
- Claims must be submitted within the policy year plus 60 day
- There is a defined appeal process for claims
- Reimbursement method: Direct deposit or check
- Prescription medications: Included with all accident and illness policies
- There is a 14-day waiting period for illnesses
- * There is a 2-day waiting period for accidents in most states
- ** There is a 6-month waiting period for orthopedic conditions for dogs only. This can be reduced by following Embrace’s Orthopedic Exam and Waiver Process
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Enrollment Requirements
There are no enrollment requirements. However, when you submit a claim, you authorize us and our administrator to access all medical information that we need to assess your pet’s health. For example, we may ask you for the name and contact information of any veterinarian that has ever seen or treated your pet. You must also provide proof of identity for your pet when we request.
Embrace and ASPCA Pet Health Insurance are two of the most trusted brands in the American pet insurance industry. In fact, the leaders of each company were part of the founding team of the North American Pet Health Insurance Association and still maintain leadership roles to this day.
In addition to decades of experience, both companies offer a ton of coverage options from accident-only to wellness care plans and everything in between.
- Embrace vs. FIGO
- Embrace vs. Healthy Paws
- Embrace vs. Nationwide
- Embrace vs. Petplan
- Embrace vs. Pets Best
- Embrace vs. Trupanion
- ASPCA vs. FIGO
- ASPCA vs. Healthy Paws
- ASPCA vs. Nationwide
- ASPCA vs. Petplan
- ASPCA vs. Pets Best
- ASPCA vs. Trupanion