Nationwide Pet Insurance vs. FIGO
Nationwide and FIGO are both excellent pet insurance providers but both are very different. Nationwide was the first pet insurance provider to enter the U.S. market and FIGO is one of the newest players in the space. Nationwide is a huge, multi-billion dollar insurance firm that is almost 100 years old. FIGO on the other hand is a scrappy, technology focused startup that was built for the millenial pet parent.
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$100 - $250||$50 - $500|
|Reimbursement:||90%||70% - 100%|
|Annual Limit:||$10,000 - Unlimited||$10,000 - Unlimited|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||14 Days||5 days|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||14 Days||14 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||14 Days*||6 months *|
Nationwide vs. FIGO
Nationwide was the first insurance company in the U.S. company to sell policies for pets. FIGO is one of the newest companies to help pet parents keep vet expenses low. Although different, each provider has excellent coverage options at affordable rates.
- Deductible: Nationwide insurance plans have a $250 annual deductible.
- Reimbursement: Most Nationwide policies will reimburse you 90% of qualifying costs.
- Emergency Care: Nationwide insurance covers emergency care.
- Waiting Period for Accidents and Illnesses: Nationwide has a 14-day waiting period for accidents and illnesses.
- Deductible: FIGO deductibles range from $50 to $1,500.
- Reimbursement: FIGO will reimburse you 70% to 100% of covered costs.
- Emergency Care: FIGO covers emergency care.
- Waiting Period for Accidents and Illnesses: FIGO has a 5-day waiting period for accidents and a 14-day waiting period for illnesses.
Pet Insurance Coverage From Nationwide and FIGO
Nationwide and FIGO policies cover many of the same vet services. Nationwide offers an optional wellness package that helps pay for regular veterinary visits.
Nationwide and FIGO Prices
Nationwide and FIGO have similar pet insurance prices. The amount you pay depends on factors like your pet’s health and the deductible you choose.
Should You Choose Nationwide or FIGO Pet Insurance?
Nationwide and FIGO could not be more different but both offer excellent coverage. But before you decide, get a free quote and compare prices from both companies!
- Nationwide vs. ASPCA
- Nationwide vs. Embrace
- Nationwide vs. Healthy Paws
- Nationwide vs. Petco
- Nationwide vs. Petplan
- Nationwide vs. Pets Best
- Nationwide vs. Trupanion
- FIGO vs. ASPCA
- FIGO vs. Embrace
- FIGO vs. Healthy Paws
- FIGO vs. Petco
- FIGO vs. Petplan
- FIGO vs. Bets Best
- FIGO vs. Trupanion
Nationwide Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
*Diagnosis or treatment of cruciate ligament or meniscus damage or rupture that occurs during the first 12 (twelve) calendar months that your pet is insured by us. You must maintain continuous coverage on your pet with us in order to avoid another twelve (12) month waiting period.
Six weeks minimum age and 10 years maximum for enrollment (includes lifetime coverage). Physical exam must have been completed within 12 months prior to enrollment.
FIGO Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
Six months for knee issues *