Trupanion Pet Insurance vs. FIGO
Trupanion and FIGO are both excellent choices when it comes to dog or cat insurance. Trupanion is one of the oldest pet insurance providers in America with roots that trace back to 2005. FIGO was founded eight years later in Chicago as a technology focused provider of pet insurance.
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$0 - $1,000||$50 - $500|
|Reimbursement:||90%||70% - 100%|
|Annual Limit:||Unlimited||$10,000 - Unlimited|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||5 days||5 days|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||30 days||14 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||30 days||6 months *|
Trupanion vs. FIGO
Trupanion and FIGO offer several pet insurance policies to match the needs of families. FIGO has three plans (Essential, Preferred, and Ultimate) with an option for unlimited coverage. Trupanion is one of the few pet insurance companies that will cover expenses like boarding fees and physical therapy.
- Deductible: Deductibles for Trupanion policies range from $0 to $1,000.
- Reimbursement: Trupanion reimburses 90% of covered costs.
- Emergency Care: Trupanion pet insurance covers emergency care.
- Waiting Period for Accidents and Illnesses: Trupanion has a 5-day waiting period of accidents and a 30-day waiting period for illnesses.
- Deductible: FIGO has deductibles from $50 to $1,500.
- Reimbursement: FIGO will reimburse you 70% to 100% of covered costs.
- Emergency Care: FIGO covers emergency care expenses.
- Waiting Period for Accidents and Illnesses: FIGO has a 5-day waiting period for accidents and a 14-day waiting period for illnesses.
Pet Insurance Coverage From Trupanion and FIGO
FIGO and Trupanion have comprehensive coverage that makes it easy for pet parents to choose plans for emergency services. You can also add riders for more coverage.
Trupanion and FIGO Prices
Trupanion tends to charge a little more than FIGO. The amount you pay, though, depends on factors like your pet’s age and how much coverage you want.
Should You Choose Trupanion or FIGO Pet Insurance?
Get a price quote to help you decide whether Trupanion or FIGO has the right pet insurance for your family.
- Trupanion vs. ASPCA
- Trupanion vs. Embrace
- Trupanion vs. Healthy Paws
- Trupanion vs. Nationwide
- Trupanion vs. Petco
- Trupanion vs. Petplan
- Trupanion vs. Pets Best
- FIGO vs. ASPCA
- FIGO vs. Embrace
- FIGO vs. Healthy Paws
- FIGO vs. Nationwide
- FIGO vs. Petco
- FIGO vs. Petplan
- FIGO vs. Bets Best
Trupanion Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
Trupanion Enrollment Requirements
You must provide all medical history and records associated with your pet. You also authorize Trupanion to contact any and all veterinary clinics or hospitals in your area to obtain all available medical records that exist for your pet. Trupanion allows pets to enroll from the time of birth to their 14th birthday.
FIGO Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
- There is a 6-month waiting period for both hip dysplasia and orthopedic conditions*. Both have the ability to be waived if exam/waiver form is completed by a veterinarian within first 30 days of policy period and no pre-ex issues.