American Eskimo Dogs
American Eskimo Health
A sturdy breed, American Eskimo Dogs have an average lifespan between 12 to 15 years. Despite having a long life expectancy, American Eskimo Dogs are susceptible to a list of potential hereditary disorders and accidents. Here is a sample of potential health issues and the average cost of treatment to give you an idea of how much you’ll pay out-of-pocket.
- Elbow Dysplasia – $3,000 to $5,000
- Hip Dysplasia – $4,000 to $6,000
- Patellar Luxation – $1,500 to $3,000
- Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency – Varies
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy – $2,000 to $3,000
- Heart Disease – $5,000 to $20,000
- Cancer – $5,000 to $20,000
- Broken Bones – $200 to $5,000
- Torn Ligaments – $3,000 to $6,000
- Foreign Body Ingestion – $500 to $5,000
Best Pet Insurance Plans
What Coverage Should You Should Have?
These are the most important pet insurance coverages you should have as the proud owner of an American Eskimo Dog.
- Emergency Care
- Cancer Coverage
- Prescription Meds
- Orthopedic Issues
- Hereditary Conditions
- Routine Care
- Pre-Existing Conditions
How Much Does it Cost?
Below are some samples across the country to give you an idea of how much pet insurance will cost for your American Eskimo dog. The only way to know exactly how much a policy will cost is to compare quotes from various companies.
Source: Pet Insurance Cost