Trupanion Pet Insurance vs. Pets Best Pet Insurance
Trupanion and Pets Best are two of the oldest and most established pet insurance providers in the U.S. Both companies are highly rated by pet parents and each provides unique coverage options and service that can suit any pet parent’s needs.
Trupanion is the only publicly traded pet insurance provider (ticker symbol TRUP) and has been around since 1999 when it started at Vetinsurance in Canada. Then in 2005 they opened shop in America under the name Trupanion.
Pets Best was founded in 2005 by Dr. Jack Stephens. Dr. Stephens was also the founder of Veterinary Pet Insurance (now Nationwide) and is considered by many to be the founding member of pet health insurance in America.
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$0 - $1,000||$50 - $1,000|
|Reimbursement:||90%||70% - 90%|
|Annual Limit:||Unlimited||$5,000 - Unlimited|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||5 days||3 days|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||30 days||14 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||30 days||14 days*|
Trupanion vs. Pets Best
Trupanion and Pets Best sell comprehensive pet insurance policies that make emergency healthcare services more affordable. Compare the companies’ plans and prices to decide which one will work better for you.
- Overall Rating: Trupanion gets a 5-star rating from pet parents.
- Deductible: Trupanion has deductibles from $0 to $1,000.
- Reimbursement: Trupanion reimburses 90% of covered vet expenses.
- Emergency Care: Trupanion has policies that cover emergency care.
- Waiting Period for Accidents and Illnesses: Trupanion has a 5-day waiting period for accidents and a 30-day waiting period for illnesses.
Pets Best Details
- Overall Rating: Pet parents give Pets Best 4.1 out of 5 stars.
- Deductible: Pets Best has deductibles from $50 to $1,000.
- Reimbursement: Pets Best covers 70% to 90% of covered expenses.
- Emergency Care: Pets Best covers emergency pet care.
- Waiting Period for Accidents and Illnesses: Pets Best has a 3-day waiting period for accidents and a 14-day waiting period for illnesses.
Pet Insurance Coverage From Trupanion and Pets Best
Trupanion pet insurance plans usually cover more costs than policies from Pets Best. Pets Best, however, has much shorter waiting periods that may influence your decision.
Trupanion and Pets Best Prices
Trupanion pet insurance policies usually cost between $59 and $68 per month. The average Pets Bets policy costs between $25 and $43 per month.
The amount that you pay for pet insurance will depend on several factors, like your pet’s age and the level of coverage you want.
Should You Choose Trupanion or Pets Best Pet Insurance?
Get a price quote to help you decide whether Trupanion or Pets Best pet insurance can help your family save more money.
- Trupanion vs. ASPCA
- Trupanion vs. Embrace
- Trupanion vs. FIGO
- Trupanion vs. Healthy Paws
- Trupanion vs. Nationwide
- Trupanion vs. Petco
- Trupanion vs. Petplan
Compare Pets Best
- Pets Best vs. ASPCA
- Pets Best vs. Embrace
- Pets Best vs. FIGO
- Pets Best vs. Healthy Paws
- Pets Best vs. Nationwide
- Pets Best vs. Petco
- Pets Best vs. Petplan
Trupanion Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
Trupanion Enrollment Requirements
You must provide all medical history and records associated with your pet. You also authorize Trupanion to contact any and all veterinary clinics or hospitals in your area to obtain all available medical records that exist for your pet. Trupanion allows pets to enroll from the time of birth to their 14th birthday.
Pets Best Insurance Enrollment Requirements
*6 month waiting period for cruciate ligaments
Additional Note: Pets must be at least 7 weeks old at the time of enrollment, there is no upper age limit for enrollment