Compare Nationwide Pet Insurance vs Petplan Pet Insurance Plans
Nationwide Pet Insurance and Petplan Pet Insurance are two of the best pet insurance companies in America.
|Price:||Get a Quote||Get a Quote|
|Deductible:||$100 - $250||$250 - $1,000|
|Reimbursement:||90%||70% - 90%|
|Annual Limit:||$10,000 - Unlimited||$2,500 to Unlimited|
|Company Profile:||Company Overview||Company Overview|
|Waiting Period for Accidents:||14 Days||5 days|
|Waiting Period for Illnesses:||14 Days||15 days|
|Waiting Period for Orthopedic Coverage:||14 Days*||6 months*|
Nationwide Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
Six weeks minimum age and 10 years maximum for enrollment (includes lifetime coverage). Physical exam must have been completed within 12 months prior to enrollment.
Petplan Pet Insurance Enrollment Requirements
*Regardless of your pet’s age, if your pet has not been examined by a veterinarian within sixty (60) days prior to the effective date of the policy, you must arrange to have your pet examined within thirty (30) days of the effective date of the policy.
**Orthopedic Health Issues
- 6-month waiting period for cruciate ligaments and patellar luxation
- Standard 15 day Illness Waiting Period for other Orthopedic conditions
- Exclusionary period for knees can be waived with a healthy knee exam/check at the vet while the policy is in force
- 30-day waiver is available
- Cruciate injuries and illnesses are coverable, but there is a six month cruciate exclusionary period that can be waived by having the knees certified as healthy by the vet in the first 30 days