Pet Insurance in Louisiana
Pictured: City Bark, NOLA’s #1 rated dog park
Whether you live in the French Quarter with a Yorkshire Terrier, or you live in Monroe with a brood of Labrador Retrievers, we can help you find the perfect plan for your pet.
Best Pet Insurance Companies in Louisiana
Not all pet insurance companies are created equal. Check out our list of the top pet insurance companies and plans in Louisiana.
Veterinary Costs in Louisiana
Caring for a dog or can’t isn’t cheap. Food, boarding, toys, vet visits, if you’re a pet parent you already know this. However, what you might not know is how expensive veterinary care can be if your pet needs treatment for a major illness or injury.
Here is a sample of common health issues and the average costs to treat them.
|Condition||Cost to Treat|
|Elbow Dysplasia||$3,000 to $6,000 per elbow|
|Entropion||$300 to $1,500 per eye|
|Epilepsy||$200 to $15,000|
|Eye Problems||$50 to $3,000 per eye|
|Fanconi Syndrome||$9,000 to $11,000|
Source: Dog Health Conditions
Pet Insurance Costs
Prices vary depending on the breed and age of your pet. Here are some sample prices for popular breeds in Louisiana.
Source: Pet Insurance Cost
Fun Facts about Veterinary Care
- Bayer HealthCare conducted a survey of 2,100 pet owners where 50% agreed the cost of veterinary care was much higher than they expected,
- In 2015 expenses on veterinary care are projected to exceed $16 billion
- There are 120 million veterinary visits every year in the U.S.
- A pet receives emergency medical care every 2 ½ seconds
- Every six seconds a pet owner is faced with a vet bill of more than $1,000
The #1 reason people buy pet insurance is that they, “Want to make decisions about their pet’s health care without worrying about whether or not they can afford treatment.”